Another laser/sublimation fusion

I tried something a little different this time. I sublimated a print onto coated mdf. The text was engraved at 1000/45/225. While it was still masked I hit it with white spray paint. Still some settings I need to tweak.

39 Likes

That looks awesome!

3 Likes

Incredible!!!

2 Likes

I’ve been playing a lot with sublimation over the past few months, but mostly experimenting. It’s fun seeing others combining them, too.

3 Likes

That is an interesting look too, but I think I like it better when you engraved on one side of the acrylic and sublimation on the other. The shadows from the depth can be seen in the other method. I am sure this photo does not do it justice, but I like the acrylic better.

2 Likes

Nice look!

1 Like

Anything you would like to see? Give me an idea or two you’d like me to tackle and I’ll take a crack at it.

1 Like

Personally, I think that last acrylic one was amazing!

I cannot image anything you could do that would look better than this!

Have you played around with lit acrylic? It would be very interesting to see the sublimation with a lit acrylic. Do you think it would work?

1 Like

I would say it’s a pretty cool image and project! I have been looking into Dye Sublimation printers. Still doing the research and not ready to pull the trigger.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to come up with something layered with a different colored light for each layer, but so far nothing has given me that aha moment.

1 Like

That actually sounds amazing too!

Something with layered acrylic sublimation would be pretty astounding even without the light.

That is so amazing. I just received my Glowforge Plus and am printing my second project…I see I have a lot to learn but painting with paper still on is a great tip! Thank you.

2 Likes