Another really blurry lid camera

Things seem to be cutting okay, though wow this is a pain to look at (and embarrassing when trying to show :glowforge: off). I could do with much better precision (it’s blurry right under the camera too).

Mostly posting this to report it as an issue, but I’d love to resolve it. Happy to focus it myself if someone can tell me how.

Pretty sure the lens is glued in the production units. Probably don’t want to fool with it anyway. The focus on my Pre-release unit could be adjusted but the distortion/offset also changed if the lens was rotated Not a straight forward process…

1 Like

Mine will twist to change focus. I assume that’s the norm?

Although that image is not that far off from what I’ve seen.
Try putting some small print in the middle and see what the camera sees there.

It’s about the same quality, definitely out of focus. I haven’t tried twisting due to rumors that some of the post prerelease models were glued in. (“post-prerelease”? how about just “shipping”)

Nope. That’s abnormal. It’s supposed to be glued in so it doesn’t change focus from what the factory used to calibrate things.

welp, mine rotates very easily. So easily I discovered that when I cleaned it :slight_smile:

I’d report it to Support and see what they want to do about it.

I’ll just leave a photo of Dan on the bed, so when they snap a picture to see how it’s focused, they’ll have something to compare too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just manually adjusted it until I got it as sharp as possible.
Lots of back and forth: rotate, scan, examine: repeat :slight_smile:
I think I will mark the lens barrel with a white marker so I know where it belongs, as it will likely move when I clean it

1 Like

Or use a small dot of nail polish. That would prevent it from incidental movement.

I thought about a small dab of the weaker Lok-tight but I’ll wait and see how it moves over time.

that looks fantastic and crisp… sigh

Thanks for letting us know about this.

The camera is locked in place to prevent it from coming out of focus.

These images look similar to others I’ve seen. It’s possible for the QR code to look blurry, but still be interpreted successfully by the app. Please let me know if the app doesn’t recognize your Proofgrade materials, and I’ll happily take another look.

I’m going to close this topic. If you have any other questions, please post a new one.

Mine will twist to change focus. I assume that’s the norm?

Although that image is not that far off from what I’ve seen.
Try putting some small print in the middle and see what the camera sees there.

@Houdini7 We try to keep to one topic per post in the Problems and Support section. Can you create a new post with this question?