Another Rhombicosidodecahedron

Polyhedrals everywhere.

Want to make your own Rhombicosidodecahedron? I have posted the files needed to 3D print your own internal connectors on Etsy.

68 Likes

Ha! I had thought about using one of the Mayan calendar spinoffs on my dodecahedron, but decided the engraving would take longer than I wanted to wait. You must have more patience than I do. :wink: That came out great!

5 Likes

wow the engraving looks awesome :+1:

3 Likes

The force was with you.

3 Likes

Now this is really outstanding. Well done!

1 Like

I’m most interested in how long it took you to screw it together :wink: really fine work, this is definitely one of my favorite trends happening in the forum

3 Likes

Waaaaaay too long. I have MS, and my finger dexterity is crap lately, so I dropped the wrench, screws, 3D parts, engraved parts, tape, magnets, etc like 500 times. 240 screws is too many, and I tightened each by hand. I should look into getting a small cordless drill to help with this…

7 Likes

I have found this very useful, mine is different brand but similar. https://www.lowes.com/pd/SKIL-iXO-4-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Red-USB-Cordless-Screwdriver/1000619827
much work that I don’t think would have gotten done if I did not have it,

3 Likes

Did you 3dprint the backs? or have a source?

Thank you!

1 Like

I designed the parts myself in Fusion360 and 3D printed them.

2 Likes

truly stunning work! thanks for pushing the envelope!

3 Likes

Very impressive piece!

1 Like

Saw a reference to this while watching a Big Bang Theory episode recently. I knew the answer before they said it!

3 Likes

Truly amazing! I am so impressed right now.

1 Like