Another Valentine for My Philosopher

My partner’s area of research is Aristotle. Aristotle thought the heart was the center of cognition. Today, we consider it to be the brain.

Photopolymer Stamp material
Photopolymer Stamp Settings from @cynd11

The material is expensive but worth every penny. Pair clear stamps with a Misti and whoa.

I engrave the material in the Glowforge, wash it, then cut it with scissors. It’s melty stuff.

27 Likes

Wow, great results! (I just tried my first stamp last week.) :grinning: :+1:

3 Likes

Great result! It is not wrong to think with the heart (as well). Big Aristotle fan… :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

You got some excellent detail with that, and yes, the MISTI really helps with the even stamping. Especially with large stamps.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the notes on making polymer stamps with the Glowforge. You’re the bomb.

4 Likes

That is amazing!!! He will love it! Hell, I would love it! LOL

4 Likes

Well, then I saw @designvh619’s flask post and had to engrave the image on a flask. Right?

8 Likes

Love it!!!

3 Likes

Given the data known at the time that is not such a reach. The heart beats regularly from before one is born, when the beat is bad you are in trouble and when it stops you are dead.

Even today values are set by connections to the body. Body drives that come late and you can live without are at the lowest value, those you cannot live without go from lowest to higher by how long you can live without them, and those not connected to a body part the highest and not even found among animals.

Today we know better, and are not as distant from the rest of life as was thought but we stand on the shoulders of giants, who themselves stood on the shoulders of giants, and Aristotle stands near the base.

5 Likes

Yall making me want to make some stamps now… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do it!!

1 Like

It turned out great, and I love the flask!

2 Likes