Any idea why I can't see the full bed in the camera?

I have a glowforge pro I bought in the kickstarter campaign. I haven’t used it in a while but I’ve just started using it a lot and I’ve run in to a problem, when I put in a proofgrade material, I can’t see the full sheet. It seems like the camera is zoomed in to the piece and I can’t print on a full sheet either. Below is a picture in the software, and a picture in of what it looks like in the printer.

IMG_9570 IMG_9571

Print area is ~19x11. You can only see that in the camera.

There is an overlay on the picture of the bed that limits your view to the areas that the head can reach. If you want to use up a whole sheet, use the lower right corner as your origin. You can flip the remnant over to access the material at the left and top.

2 Likes

Because there’s a strip on the left and across the top the laser can’t reach, so they’re not shown. It’s that way for everyone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. I vaguely recall when I first got it I could see off the print area on the top and bottom. I could be mistake though, as now the camera ends right at the edge of the print area.

Thanks, everyone for the input!

While the Glowforge bed can accommodate materials measuring 12 x 20.4”, the maximum printable area is 11 x 19.5”, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate.