Any issue going on with printing ? stuck on preparing your print

Is there any issue going on , I have been trying to print and stuck at preparing your print , it is getting frustrating ! Fast lane ??? I have not seen any difference, is it just me ?

1 Like

I just printed a couple jobs ten minutes ago. No problems. I can’t recall the last time I have had any issues with connectivity or print prep. I have noted that prep times are faster.

I’m at a loss to understand why some folks have so many problems. Either there are individual differences in machines that cause issues or there is something going on with local wifi or wider internet connectivity. I haven’t been able to figure that out other than most of the time it is a local wifi issue. Not to say there aren’t problems with the machines though.

Welcome @rahelen3 to the forum.

2 Likes

Thank you ! this is the first time , where it is at stuck at preparing your print , my first attempt to print a map also and it could be the file, I will try to print something else . I restarted the machine , logged off, logged back in the same thing … I was curious if anyone else is experiencing an issue , it could be my session to the server needs to be reset , who knows …but thank you for your reply it is good to know

1 Like

Could be. Is it a large bitmap or a large vector? Large vectors with lots of nodes can definitely cause issues.

1 Like

I ran several prints last night and today with no non-local issues. My laptop wasn’t handling the interface well, but it is 6 years old and showing its age. My desktop ran it fine, all day long.

1 Like

It looks like that was the issue with the file it was taking long , it took multiple tries and now it is working , taking an hour and 10 minutes engraving map and cut
I would think the software will handle it though Pdf, file size 7.19 MB , map with boarder size ( W:15, H: 13)

My first time printing map , so my expectation could be wrong ( I am using the PRO not sure if that should of helped )

Thank you again!

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! Thank you everyone for your advice. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!