Any Sculptors out there in Glowland?

All of the designs, sculptures, edibles and builds are stunning! (Which is once again why I won’t show mine…chuckle!) :smile:

4 Likes

Wow! Very nice!

2 Likes

This is where the REAL artists are. Your work is beautiful. :grinning:

1 Like

I’ll definitely use the GF to make armatures, a project like this car has lots of smaller parts too. I’ve built every square inch of this car by hand!

I also have a Shaper Origin on pre-order for making larger parts that need wooden structures. Excited to see what I can come up with between that and the Glowforge!

5 Likes

once again, I’m humbled to be in the company of such great artists… good thing all I needed to do was buy a GF to be allowed in :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can’t say I’ve sculpted (though I have done the dinosaurs in play-Doh! Ha). While I do enjoy woodworking, my tastes tend to run toward carving. (So kinda sculptey)
I did this in preparation for my son’s Eagle Scout ceremony.

We were Cherokee District so the Indian seemed quite appropriate and I hope the walking stick may pass down through generations. (Hopefully not in a yard sale or fireplace. Ha)

23 Likes

So, the only sculpture I do anymore is designing jewelry in 3D… This is mine and my husband’s wedding Rings that I designed.

And I’ve also done some stone carving:

So… while I do plan on using my GF to make jewelry, i do not plan on using it make scaffolding for additive design… however i’m intrigued enough I just might.

23 Likes

Didn’t we promise @cynzu some cake upon her return?

she came back early. It was going to be ready on the 6th but she spoiled the surprise and threw everyone off their game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

those are incredible. Did you make them as well?

3 Likes

Do snowmen count as sculptures?

35 Likes

wow - COOL [insert groan here] :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Your first one has the red footsteps behind it, makes it look like it’s leaving bloody footprints…

5 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

Also yes

1 Like

Footsteps? “Slowly I turned…”

23 Likes
9 Likes

I had a company do the 3d printing and casting them in Palladium. I then polished the and set the rubies. Otherwise the design work was all done in Blender 3D and are based off the “Rings of Mara” from the Elder Scrolls series. Delightfully geeky :smiley: And thank you. I’m really proud of them. They came out exactly how I wanted them to!

11 Likes

Killer, Monster Snow Goons!

2 Likes

love, love, LOVE the rings. Very well done. Did I say that I love them?

3 Likes