Any Sculptors out there in Glowland?

@whitetigertooth what did you think of those rings?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I LOVE them! Ha!

3 Likes

Well the bonus… because I did most of the work the cost was sooo much less than had I purchased them from a jeweler. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Cynzu,

I’m a sculptor and love the possibilities with 360 Fusion, but can’t say I would use that approach for armatures for a couple of reasons.

The scale that the GF allows you to work at is too small IMHO for that to make a good armature. You would waste time trying to eliminate the layers.

Also, if you already have digital version of your final sculpt, you would need to shrink and simplify it before you output it so you could skin it later. Again, that seems like a waste of time to me.

You could sculpt one that is a better match to your final form just as fast. In fact, in polymer, I like to build up my figurative sculpts with underlying anatomy made of simple balls of clay, bake it, then skin it with a thin sheet of clay that I can sculpt texture into easily because the forms underneath are baked and solid.

I think the slicing approach of 360 fusion is more suited to large scale sculpture that are better output on larger equipment like CNC routers. There are artists out there who are doing interesting things along these lines now. Here’s an example I quickly found by Korean sculptor Park Chan.

12 Likes

great detail - thx for all that info :+1:

2 Likes

That last mask is amazing!

1 Like