Anyone Hiring Mechanical Engineers in the Phoenix Area?

Thanks! I think we did most of the informing by email, so it was a little easier.

Hoping that something shifts soon.

1 Like
3 Likes

Interviewing and the job hunt can be very painful for people. Try to stay positive and upbeat. Wishing you a quick find for a perfect fit.

1 Like

Thanks. I am sure that not having to have an interview for fifteen years isn’t helping. I have formulated a few things to address based on the feedback here, so if I get called in for any new opportunities I hope it will help.

1 Like

You might try USAJobs.gov for mechanical engineering. With your degree and experience, you should realistically be shooting for at least a GS-12 position. I know that most of the listings say “Starting at $33,394 (GS 5-15)” but it is the “5-15” part that is important. GS-11 is about your 64k per year amount for Phoenix.

The best thing is that if you work DoD, you will have that time to work on your own projects too.
Good Luck!

2 Likes

Thanks. They don’t have anything in my area that I am qualified for. I will keep looking though.

1 Like

On another note: happy Cakeday @ben1! I sure hope the dream job comes along soon.

1 Like

Thanks! I have applied to just about everything in my area that I am even remotely interested in and qualified for, so I will see what response I get.

1 Like

Ben! Happy Cakeday!

1 Like

Thanks!

Just got a pre-screen call about an application, so maybe in the next several weeks I will have another interview. Fingers crossed!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.