AOWCB (another olive wood cutting board)

Yet another olive wood engraved cutting board purchased at Home Goods. Settings were based on Walnut PG (Speed: 1000, Full power, LPI: 225 on GF pro). Honeycomb tray was removed and material height adjusted to .03”. I placed 2 sacrificial tiles under my cutting board that equaled .5” + .6” for my board less the 1.33” that I measured for my honeycomb tray. I’m happy with how these are coming out!

31 Likes

Cool design. Can’t go wrong with the Beatles :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So true! A gift got my brother who is a musician and HUGE Beatles fan!

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few things from Home Goods that makes me really wish there was one nearby :frowning:

Oh well, at least those of you who can get there are doing some cool projects! Awesome work, came out really nice. I assume you didn’t mask it, so how did you clean it afterwards?

2 Likes

Out of likes, but this turned out great!

2 Likes

I cleaned it with the orange pumice soap from Home Depot!

3 Likes

Thank you!! My brother loved it!

2 Likes

You are really cranking out some unique cutting boards! Love ‘em all.

2 Likes

Thanks @cynd11!!

Hi, I love your cutting board. I was directed to this link as I am a new glowforge owner and want to engrave an olive wood cutting board that I purchased from Trader Joes. It is just under 1’ thick. I have never worked with anything over 1/8’ yet so I am looking for some guidance. I understand I need to take the crumb tray out, which I have done and I am using a second cutting board ( I am doing 2 as Christmas gifts) underneath one I am engraving to raise the high. The thickness with both stacked is 1 57/64". I am lost from here. Any guidance is appreciated! Mike

Hi @mrtoad. You’ll need to do some test runs to engrave the cutting board…basically getting some “sacrificial” material like plywood/hardboard to reach as close as you can to the same thickness of your cutting board. There’s some math involved. This is a great tutorial for engraving without the crumb tray Tutorial: How to cut without the Crumb Tray (Honeycomb) You’ll also want to mask the cutting board. See above for settings!

1 Like