Apollo Display Sign

I am building a display cabinet for an Apollo space themed guitar that will be on permanent display at the San Diego Air & Space museum. For the sign, I cut 3/8” acrylic with holes cut for the lights. On top of that is 1/8” colored acrylic. I wired the lights through the back of the panel and when illuminated, it shines nicely out the sides.

56 Likes

Oh wow, that’s amazing!

4 Likes

Congratulations on your well deserved recognition and installation. I would love to see the final display with the guitar. Perhaps this can be an excuse to travel to San Diego.

9 Likes

YES!!! LED’s really make it pop!

5 Likes

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Thank you. This has been a two year project and I’m so happy to be in the last few weeks of the build. If you do make it to San Diego, please do check out the San Diego Air & Space museum. It’s a fantastic museum with lots to see snd do. I’ll be posting more pictures of the completed exhibit once we unveil it.

8 Likes

Looks amazing

3 Likes

Love the whole sign, but REALLY love the box and those corners. So cool.

3 Likes

Thank you. I do too. It’s a system from a company called 80/20. It’s for industrial cabinets, machinery enclosures and such. I loved the look of it and designed the exhibit to look like it was shipped from an aerospace contractor to the museum. I’ll post more pics when it’s installed.

3 Likes

That is just gorgeous, both design and execution.

2 Likes

Amazing! Everything about this is superb!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thank you. The logo is a rarely used one from the 60’s but it’s one of my favorites. I appreciate the compliments.

Much appreciated!

1 Like

Cracking piece of work there

2 Likes

Nice! I like a sign that looks just as good unlighted as it does lighted.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Thanks, I originally only wanted an acrylic sign, I’m so glad I went with the lights. I do like the look of it off too.

No problem, I need to try something similar myself

1 Like

Very nice work! The corners are really sharp!

1 Like