App.glowforge.com is not rendering designs

Machine has been on and ready for almost 40 minutes now, but I can’t get anything cut because their website is not working. No thumbnails of previous designs load at all, and it takes about 20m to upload a new design. Once uploaded, it has been another 20m stuck on Scanning, with no end in sight. I found a ticket from last month about them having some server issues, but is there ANYTHING I can do besides sit here with my $6K paperweight? I don’t always have tons of time to use my laser, so to be wasting time like this is agonizing.

Already tried:

• different browser
  • logging off and in
  • turning computer off and on
  • different wifi (but every other website loads fine)
  • submitting a ticket (though I doubt they’ll help within the next few hours, when I can actually cut)
  • regretting life decisions

Posting here opens a duplicate ticket so they’ll close this one before they answer your email one.
https://statuspage.glowforge.com/ tells you whether there are server wide issues (once they are aware of them).
Try loading the Gift of Good Measure on your dashboard - see if that loads. If it does it may be an issue with your art, if not, that’s good info.
Slow scanning can be a WiFi issue (most common) but could also be the camera not being able to focus on the bed. Is the bed empty, or have a full sheet of material with no holes? Are there bright lights shining onto the bed? Have you cleaned both your camera lens, and the logo on the top of the laser head? Are the windows on the bottom of the laser head clean?

A few things to try while you’re waiting for their response.

3 Likes

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble @hanyssa.

As @deirdrebeth shared, https://statuspage.glowforge.com/ will show you any up-to-date information! We aren’t currently experiencing any outages.

With that being said, could you tell me a bit more about the trouble you’re having?

For example:

• What area of the website do you get to when you’re having this trouble? (Include a screenshot if possible)
  • What are you trying to do when you run into this trouble?
  • If this is something you’re seeing when working on a design, does it happen with all designs? Could you try with a design from our catalog (the Gift of Good measure should be available by default) and let me know if you have the same experience?
  • Any other detail you’d like to share

There’s also a couple just general housekeeping items I’d like to suggest to see if they help:
  • Disable any anti-virus, ad blocking, or pop up blocking software and try again
  • Clear your browser’s cache and cookies and try again.

Lastly, we’ll need a bit more information to investigate. Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says "Your web browser’s unique URL"
  3. Click the button that says "Copy URL to Clipboard"
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

I see you emailed us as well. I’m going to go ahead and close that ticket out so our conversation can continue here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.