App Needs an urgent and imperative Overhaul!

That’s something that you might want to post as a separate problem. Copy/Paste so I can duplicate multiple objects on a single run works fine on my end. Could be an issue with your file or something wonky with the GFUI.

1 Like

I have that issue when I use chrome. But it works fine using Microsoft edge. Might try different browsers. I tried several till edge gave me all functionality on my cpu. Chrome works fine on my wife’s CPU though. So I do t really u understand it but just an idea.

1 Like

Statements that imply you believe the developers are incompetent undermine your assertion that you are only interested in providing constructive criticism.

Regarding your problems with making multiple copies. Did you try cutting the black silhouette to see if it was just a visualization bug or if it actually negatively impacted the cut? PNG files embedded in SVG files look like garbage in the GFUI, but they engrave perfectly.

Additionally, have you considered making your multiple part layouts in a vector program and then uploading the entire layout as a single project. Ideally you shouldn’t have to, but this would give you the control and results you are looking for. I have a Glowforge cutzone template I use for any large multi-part job. I lay everything out in the template, upload the project, position the upper left hand corner of the project in the upper left and corner of the GFUI work space, and then switch the template boarder to ignore. Everything ends up perfectly placed and cuts like a charm.

2 Likes

Again. I never meant to imply they don’t have competent developers… i am saying that: I believe they do have competent developers. as for the undermine, I really don’t agree with your assessment of my statements but who cares at this point.

I tried the vector program approach as a work around. It does work but slow things down to a very frustrating speed.

It is not a visualization bug. It does not cut the black part.

Thank you for hour help.

1 Like

The black shapes bug might be a browser thing.

It takes time to find and fix everything these days - the browsers are changing and evolving, the GFUI is changing and evolving - it’s a multiple source moving target, and everyone is expecting perfection immediately. Give it some time and be a little flexible right now, it’s going to improve eventually, and in the meantime - consider it a challenge game. :smile:

Challenging is waaaay more fun and can give you a sense of real pride when you figure out how to work around it.

2 Likes

The phrase “barely usable” is barely tolerated on this forum.

5 Likes

Maybe a conflict between the art program, method of build for the SVG and GUI.
SVG is a standard and like most standards that means it must have “At Least This” and anything they tag in there as extra may whack an interpretation program (such as your browser).
I am testing a situation now that seems inexplicable. Once I got some concrete idea of what is happening I will forward all to support.

Edit: Well, saying all that and running off is rude I reckon, so…

Now and again ( 3 files so far) an SVG made with Corel 2017 fails to load. If I copy it to Corel X5 and resave as SVG – or save as PDF, it works fine.
I have some files I am examining for repeatability, and so far there is nothing in there of significant difference. When I get tired of banging on it I will pass it along.
Not a game breaker for me at this time, since it easy to go around the problem files with an X5 or PDF save.

I’ve only caught the black shapes bug one time, but it was from an AI file, and I couldn’t make it repeat, which made me think something in the browser. The file subsequently loaded just fine. No idea what happened.

Anyway, I just reported it directly along with the time and date so they could track it down from their end and see what’s going on. :slightly_smiling_face:

Doesn’t do a bit of good towards helping to fix a problem (if there is one) to come to the forum and tell about it, unless you give them the time and date that it happened so that they can look at the logs for that time frame to see what might have caused it. And they need as many specifics as you can think of if you don’t want to waste a hell of a lot of time going back and forth with support.

It’s not a big deal, but the more you can tell them up front, the quicker you’ll get an answer and a resolution. :wink:

1 Like

I will add that often it is a file issue for new users, so if you’re comfortable with it, zipping up the file and including that with the problem report will help to distinguish between a file problem and a machine problem.

1 Like

I have all the time in the world :slight_smile:

As for browsers, I agree it might be a browser thing. I tried Chrome and Safari…

If someone has better success with another one, please post it here so I can try it.

Really? Ok. Let me fix it.

There my friend. I hope you can breath easy now.

I hope you can barely tolerate this one.

2 Likes

Got it. Will add the date and time on my next report. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Oh, that wasn’t directed at you…it’s a general “how to get the issue resolved” thing for anyone reading it. (A lot of folks lurk.) :wink:

Ultimately, we all want the issues fixed ASAP and I like to throw that out there once in a while. (So we can go on to other ones.) :smile:

2 Likes

I agree!
I still think it might be a browser thing and that you are correct with your assessment :slight_smile:

Have a good weekend!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll make sure the team gets them.

3 Likes