Arm of machine and co2 tube off-line, not straight

Hi. I have searched the help topics and all of the topics but, I haven’t been to find anything.

Today I was using the glowforge and for the first print it did fine. But, then after the first print it sent the arm back and the thing literally crashed into the back of the machine with a loud thud. My husband and I noticed then that the whole arm is offline and not straight at all. Now, it will not engrave correctly, the images are all off and there seems to be a line down the middle of some of my engravings.

PLEASE HELP. I’m about to just send the whole thing back and throw in the towel. (This is not the first issue we’ve had and it’s only been 3 weeks :unamused::unamused:

Eva

Have a look at this thread: Squaring X-Y stage

1 Like

My husband tried that already. No success. Thank you for trying to help though.

If you re-squared and it slipped again you most likely have a loose belt - try this one:

I appreciate your help but, it’s not the whole arm, it’s just the right side.

Can you take and post a picture or two of it so we can see how far off the track it has gotten?

What kind of machine is it? (Pro, Plus, Basic?)

The mechanism is really pretty simple, don’t despair - we can help!

There are different belts for the 2 sides - and other different ones for the across motion.

1 Like

Share some pictures if you still need help. Others have faced similar problems and are happily back to forging.

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with your new Glowforge. I see you also emailed us about this and I have followed up there, so I’m going to close this thread.

1 Like