Arm wont move and grinds

When trying to center the arm that the laser works on does not move and just makes a grind sound when the belts spin. HELP PLEASE

You guys ROCK!!! Its working again!!!

Welcome @chickpea2009 to the forum. Sorry you are having troubles.

First thing is to check the wheels under the the head carriage to make sure they are good. There have been issues lately with them.

Check all the wheels on the side rails and check the belt. Sometimes the belt loses tension for one reason or another.

One thing you can do is turn the machine off and gently move the head back and forth and forward and backward to see if you encounter any resistance.

Sometimes it helps to open the front garage door and take out the crumb tray and with a flashlight inspect the belts and the wheels.

6 Likes

One thing to try is with the machine off move the head under the lid camera and turn on the laser. See if that helps. welcome to the community. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Its working!!! Thank you I was on the brink of truly looding my cool!

2 Likes

Thank you do much! It’s working and yall kept me from loosing my mind!

1 Like

Excellent!
Enjoy your adventure! :sunglasses: This forum is the best accessory for your laser. :wink:

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!