Arrrrgh! Pirate Treasure!

I had some fun making a bunch of Aztec Gold coins (from POTC) on my new Elegoo Mars 3D printer and of course I needed a treasure box to put them in. So I made this one, using @jbv’s cool file that he posted on Thingiverse.

I used Proofgrade cherry ply. So cool to have the file perfectly set up for the Glowforge—thanks @jbv!

For the coins I used this 3D print file by Connection_Models on Thingiverse. There were others available but this one was of the highest resolution. After printing I painted them with black gesso, then brushed some Deco Foil adhesive over the top, then pressed some Deco gold foil onto the surface.

Now I need to go and post a Make for these files on Thingiverse.

52 Likes

Wow! Both of these things are very cool! What are you going to do with that bounty? Love the coins…you know me…love some bling!

7 Likes

Just so well executed! It’s getting harder and harder to resist an SLA printer.

6 Likes

We sit out with the neighbors on Halloween to give out the candy. I thought I’d scatter them on a table and let each kid who is old enough to not put them in their mouth have one.

3 Likes

That is mighty fancy looking! Well done!!

2 Likes

Great box for great booty

3 Likes

Oh my, it is more and more tempting to make one of these and put gold foil chocolate coins in it for Sinterklaas (a Dutch custom).

3 Likes

Looks beautiful!

I know my grandson loved his filled with chocolate coins. Maybe I should make him some coins to have. He’d like that.

4 Likes

That is really awesome! Love the trunk too!

2 Likes

this is really awesome

1 Like

I wish I could remember who’s t-shirt I saw this on the other day…

4 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

I love the latch on yours, the hinges never worked out on mine, so I went with brass hinges instead.

2 Likes

That is next level. The extra work you put into finishing really shows!

1 Like

Wish I had a GF and saw this back when I was a scout leader. We had to settle for those foil covered chocolate coins. The only advantage was that the scouts got to eat their doubloons.

2 Likes

Treasure chest full of tasty gold coins! Thanks @jbv and @cynd11! I’ve been wanting to make one of these since I got my Glowforge. It really helped the design was Glowforge proof as it were. I did have issues putting it together, but that was me just forging ahead with the glue and not thinking things through. Luckily my husband saved the day. He got paid in gold coins. :laughing:

8 Likes

Wow, love this! I have a daughter who is a pirate at heart. I will have to make one of these.

Just found this the other day

3 Likes