Art Nouveau Dollhouse progress

Wow Christmas kept my glowforge busy on gifts for a while but I finally got some time to work on the dollhouse
I have decided on medium Cherry plywood for the furniture. The grain is a little large but i didn’t like how the draft board took paint and stain

89 Likes

Love it so far. Those chair cushions are the bomb.

7 Likes

Gosh those pieces are gorgeous!

5 Likes

Beautiful work!

6 Likes

That looks like so much fun to design and assemble. Beautiful work.

5 Likes

That cabinet design is amazing! I discovered that the new “light” plywood is only a hair thinner than the medium but the center is basswood and at least on one side can be sanded to show the grain, looking very much better than the medium that is more MDF in the center.

5 Likes

Wow these pieces are gorgeous, when they’re all done and in the final result will be amazing!

5 Likes

Lovely!

5 Likes

That is superb. @cynd11 would love these. Superb proportioning and design elements.

5 Likes

Oh yes, truly lovely pieces! They remind me of the meticulous design of the elven structures in Lord Of The Rings movies. Seeing your dollhouse furniture designs is a real treat.

9 Likes

I recently had the epiphany of printing my own fabrics on my home printer on fabric - game changer! I used to spend forever sourcing fabrics with small prints and often had to compromise on what I wanted - Now I just create my design in Illustrator and print it out whatever size I need. No idea what took me so long to figure that out LOL

14 Likes

It really is - of course every time I think of a better way to do it next time but we are all our own worst critics LOL

4 Likes

Ooh that it good to know - I will have to try that out since the MDF is a challenge on the smaller parts

The cabinet is based on a real cabinet that I would love to own in full size but the orchid design is my own

6 Likes

I am so getting ahead of myself with the glowforge -it is so much fun making the furniture when I really should focus on some walls :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

You know I wonder if the designers took inspiration from the art nouveau period - it would make sense given all the sinuous, nature inspired lines. It is a favorite period of mine :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

These are absolutely stunning!

2 Likes

Thanks so much :heart:

1 Like

Your designs just transport one to another era!

4 Likes

They definitely did. I’ve watched the “Making Of” videos for the series.

3 Likes