Art Nouveau Door

I designed this door for a dollhouse I am making in illustrator but was concerned that it was perhaps too intricate. I was thrilled last night when it printed perfectly. What took me so long to buy my glow forge??? LOL

71 Likes

Oh, that’s just gorgeous! Excellent design detail.

10 Likes

Really stunning design that comes across well. It is perhaps my favorite style :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you - I love Art Nouveau too. I bought my GF specifically to help me build this dollhouse - all those curvy lines :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Very cool. What’s next for it? Paint?

I saw a few posts about these kinds of doors a while back and it got me googling, they’re gorgeous.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=art+nouveau+doors+site:tumblr.com

12 Likes

Beautiful. I hope you will share photos of the finished doll house one day.

10 Likes

Beautiful!!

6 Likes

Stunning.
Now, how to scale it up for my front door…?

10 Likes

Wow, that is gorgeous, and congrats on the successful print! It is always a thrill when the first time it works out perfectly :heart_eyes_cat: I could see those thin bits getting broken easily – do you plan to fill it with resin to strengthen and look like glass?

9 Likes

A blacksmith could do the straight stuff, but to do the other leaves and stuff would take a lot more time and skill.

4 Likes

Master carver, many of these vintage doors were wood.

9 Likes

Many years ago I knew a “blacksmith” that was a first-class sculptor and I had seen a picture of a front gate that looked like a wall of rose bushes. A person I knew had seen him hammer out a rose from a rod hammering out each petal in place creating the whole thing as one piece.

He had done a number of animals that had just that tiniest sort of positioning that is the difference between looking alive and stuffed, and also like it was made of clay but was all steel. Most impressive was a horse-drawn herse that the curtains looked like they were actual cloth and gave an air of unreality as when you flicked them they clanged. Most stunning of all was the driver’s seat that looked like velvet, but you could see the shape of the back end of the driver where the velvet was crushed.

9 Likes

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! THAT is BEAUTIFUL!

10 Likes

Spectacular! (Love the design.) :grinning:

8 Likes

Beautiful! Love the details.

8 Likes

Absolutely :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes I will paint it eventually and put some"glass" behind it

4 Likes

I would love a door like that myself!

3 Likes

Amazing