Artwork not loading? GFUI very laggy!

I’m having issues with artwork not loading into the GFUI and also it being very very laggy to the point of slowing down my work flow considerably.

When I try to choose to import from the Glowforge graphics library, now some graphics that I have used before just won’t import at all. I’ve tried several of them from the “hearts” and the GFUI SAYS its importing but then just nothing shows up whatsoever. I have tried to import several different ones and the same thing happens.

Also the GFUI is super laggy and its really slowing me down! When I try to import artwork, it takes a good 10 seconds to import. Also when I’m trying to duplicate an item and to move it, I’ll do a CTL-C, CTL-V but when it duplicates the item (or selected items) it places them practically on top of other things which makes it damn near impossible to select the already lagg-y cursor on top of to move properly and even if I do get the curser on the right selected items, it is taking forever just to move anything. This is a real pain in my ass because I do alot of small cut pieces for jewelry and I’m often trying to fit as many pieces into as many of the nooks and crannies of useable space on a piece of material as I can so not being able to proficiently move items is really slowing me down!

Clearing the cache and restarting my browser usually fixes this for me. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry you ran into trouble while using the app. Have you had a chance to try what @geek2nurse suggested regarding clearing your browser’s cache? You can find instructions for doing so here: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge

Please let us know how it goes!

it seems to have rectified itself but I’m still really annoyed that when I try to copy paste items that it duplicates basically RIGHT on top of other things, making it really difficult to get the cursor on to drag to a new location properly. Unless there is a trick that I’m not aware of.

I’m glad you resolved it!

Sorry again for the trouble. If you run into the problem again and it isn’t resolved by rebooting your computer, please let us know.

When making a copy of a complicated design one trick is:

Upon pasting, the new copy is selected and can be moved with the arrows on the keyboard.

I sometimes use this to widely separate designs first, then make smaller adjustments with my mouse.

I hope that helps. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!