Lets talk the design files.
First, I get that this is a bit (LOT) premature. Campaign hasnt even ended, Im late in line, and yet I think about it every day and constantly come up with ideas. I most likely wont see my printer until next summer :(. Even so, I cant stop the mind from dreaming, designing, and planning.
So, from videos, I see a few different things.
- You raster for engraving, you vector for cutting.
- You can draw directly to the material, and it engraves entirely, and somehow is smart enough to cut the outline (but what if the outline doesnt connect?)
- Its mentioned that grayscale (thus the 256 levels) will determine depth of etch
So, the questions are this.
- With grayscale, is lighter less depth and darker more?
- if I only use a raster image, is there a way to tell it which is cut and which is engrave? maybe a color of the line to tell to cut?
- is there a interface I can use NOW to start understanding the usage, even though I cant actually print right now?
- Can I rotate the image in the tool to align with the crooked object? id so, will this cause unevenness (or ugly edges) with a raster image?
SUPER excited to begin using this and putting it through its paces (and probably 8 months premature with this excitement). Can’t wait! Therefore, Im going to start getting the designs flowing.