Attaching SVG file to design

I uploaded a design to Glowforge Free Designs along with a SVG file but the file did not get attached, just a sketch of it appears. Help. Thanks

You can drag and drop your file into a comment box like this, or zip the file and upload it.

1 Like

If you mean that you had raster art as well as vector lines, yes there is a “feature” of the community that it will strip rasters. The way to fix that is to zip the file and upload that.

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing trouble.

To better understand the circumstances around the error, could you share a copy of the file with us?

Additionally, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Send us the screenshot, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

Hi @tundraswans. It’s been a while since Jeremy’s response and I wanted to check in to see if you’re continuing to run into any issues with the svg uploading in the Glowforge app. Let us know and we’ll be happy to help. Thanks!

Thank you. I did get it all figured out. Jerry

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!