Augmented Hexagonal Antiprism Birdhouse

The deluxe condo for a lucky bird family is made from Cedar and Wenge. Need to find a good tree to hang it from. Technically, this is a 34% morph dual in between a Hexagonal Antiprism and a Hexagonal Deltohedron. I know how much you all love learning complex shapes!

60 Likes

Nice trick. Almost looks like it started as a zonohedron.

4 Likes

I’m finding lots of new ways to tweak the shapes in Stella. This was originally going to be acrylic and a lamp cover, but decided I need to start filling the outside of my house with this junk. Too many inside.

4 Likes

Glad you finally got around to it! :+1:

Now you just need to find Augmented Hexagonal Antiprism birds.

8 Likes

Yeah because if regular Prism birds come in contact they’d annihilate each other. They were always worried about that happening with antimatter on Star Trek :yum:

11 Likes

Would be fun to hang in a tree full of weaver birds and watch them trying to “keep up with the Joneses”.

These are beyond amazing.

4 Likes

You’re really pushing the envelope now! Such lucky birds :bird: :bird: :bird:

5 Likes

Wow, really impressive! Well done!

2 Likes

That is definitely NOT a birdhouse/Condo. It is something more like the Biltmore Estate!! Outstanding birdhouse!!! I wonder what the new owners will have for interior decorations on the inside?

7 Likes

Just amazing! It’s always a treat to see what strange multi-sided figure you’re going to come up with next.

5 Likes

Wow. Just WOW. Functional art.

4 Likes

An awesome project!

1 Like

Nice! Love the colors!

2 Likes

Woah man that turned out EXCELLENT!

2 Likes

I’m curious to know how you formed the interior supports that hold all of the pieces in place…

1 Like

I use a program called Stella4D to help create the shape, then use the angles from Stella in Fusion360 to design the connectors. Export the STL file to Cura and then to 3D printer. Voila! I have more information on my website if you want more details.

https://design.alienworkshop.net/2020/02/18/building-polyhedral-connectors-fusion360-workshop/

1 Like

They, the antiprism birds, prefer to call themselves steampunk.

4 Likes

Wow! Such a tough-lookin’ birdhouse! Amazing!

1 Like

I made another for an upcoming charity auction. This one is maple and walnut.

10 Likes

That’s like a bird mansion . Beautiful job.

1 Like