Aura Bed Pins

Has anyone come across (or created) bed pins specifically for the Aura? All the ones I have come across are designed for the Pro/Plus/Basic honeycomb beds (which seem to be too narrow and tall for the Aura crumb tray). Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve never needed any with the Aura. You can literally lay a peice of copy paper in it and it won’t move.

7 Likes

Welcome to the community. I honestly don’t know if anyone has created any for the Aura. Personally though, I can’t even think of a need for them. The fan is so low, nothing moves around. I consistently cut regular printer paper in it without holding it down with anything. The first time, I used small magnets, but then I realized that the fan doesn’t even move it without them.

7 Likes

(another ‘great minds’ reply brought to you by Glowforge) :laughing:

6 Likes

For the most part I haven’t needed any, but then I got a proof grade sheet of plywood that was slightly warped and some bed pins would have been helpful :confused:
But @Xabbess the magnet idea is a great one for paper! I also had some card stock that I ran through my laser printer first and it came out with a slight curl.

6 Likes

You have thrown down the gauntlet, we’ll see what we can do.

7 Likes

This is exactly what I’ve been working on today, too. Only my card stock didn’t curl, so still didn’t need any magnets.

2 Likes

I 3d printed some.

AuraClamps - ToeClamp.stl (287.2 KB)

9 Likes

Glowforge Aura Pins

4 Likes

I think someone directed me to here to get the pin svg originally but I can’t find it on here anymore. I think mine are made from light weight basswood. You may be able to do it with medium but I think the thick material is too thick for the pin to fit properly. I wish I could credit the original poster but don’t know who it was.

1 Like

I used magnets for a bit and then realized it was causing problems with alignment and with the fan on the laser head. I would only use them if the head isn’t going to pass anywhere near the magnet (or if you have shielded magnets like from a harddrive).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.