Aura misprint when engraving

Greetings, fellow crafters!

I am new to the glowforge-verse, started with the Aura and my first few prints turned out great, however, I just ran into this issue where out of nowhere it will skip or get stuck in a specific area and it will give me the result on the picture. I have tried just about everything form clening the machine per the manufacturer guidance, proofgrade materials and setting, non-proofgrade materials, slow, fast, high, low; you name it!

I would appreacite any assistance, or even if you had a similiar problem, how did you solve it. I am at a poin where I am almost ready to call customer service for warranty or just get rid of it and get a diferrent machine form another brand.

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that your first visit here is because of something so annoying. Others may join in with some good information, but my first guess is that your rails need to be cleaned. They’re usually the culprit in problems like this. Assuming that you did that as part of your cleaning, then hopefully there will be some other ideas. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Be sure to clean your machine often - both the rails and the lens. Sometimes when it skips lines it’s due to residue buildup. Have fun creating and don’t be afraid of the learning curve - it’s so worth it!

2 Likes