Autofocus Error

I get the dreaded non descript generic error message (2 of them sometimes) when I try to autofocus. I’ve read all the other posts with possible solutions, cleaned of course, made sure everything was flat, all the things… its cutting fine, so I just make sure to place my cuts enough away from the edge of boards. Can a GF person look at my logs and see whats up?

If you can remember the date, time that one of the errors occurred it might help them track it down.

All day every day. Every time I go to cut something. Every time.

1 Like

that makes it easier

1 Like

Hello @nomadicgraphics423,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear your Glowforge is having autofocuser trouble.

I took a look at the logs for your unit to investigate and it looks like your Glowforge is having trouble finding the red dot from the autofocuser.

Could you please post a photo of the bottom of your printer head, like the one below?

Once I’m able to review that photo I’ll follow up with next steps. Thank you!

Its cloudy on the inside. Can I get the glass off to clean it?

Sorry my phone camera sucks.

@nomadicgraphics423, Thank you for posting those photos. Unfortunately the glass on the printer head can’t be removed so there is no way to solve this remotely. The next step would be to get you a replacement unit.

I’m going to send you an email momentarily that will walk through the next steps with you. Since we’ll need to confirm some personal information with you I’m going to transition the rest of our communications to that email thread and close this forum post.

If you don’t receive my email within the next 30 minutes please check your email’s spam/junk mail folder.