Automated Passthrough Alignment on Pro?

While I’ve had my GF for a couple of years, it took so long to get it that my living situation changed drastically from the time I ordered it. Anyway, finally fired it up and using it with a bit more regularity now.

Haven’t used the pass-through yet and everything I’ve found so far on the forums seem to indicate that it’s something I’d have to do manually. Is that still the case? Seems like a pretty terrible oversite from a design of machine perspective.

Yes, that’s correct.

:sob::sob::sob:

And thank you!

It’s not that bad with a little prep work, but you do have to be careful while you are shifting the material forward, not to let any rotation creep into the material.

@johnse put together a nice little tutorial for how to do it here, and that’s essentially what I’ve been using while waiting for Glowforge to finish up development of the passthrough software.

3 Likes

Ah ok thank you. I’ll take a look at that first. I’m hoping to cut material so it might prove to be a tiny bit more challenging…

Stiffen it. (No kidding - starch the living daylights out of it or use fabric stiffener. ) You need to keep it flat and even. Maybe a Seklema mat would help.

Thanks!

Thanks for the answer @Jules, that’s right! I’m going to close this thread.