Autosave, faster startup and more: 1/8/18 Latest Improvements

Oh, thanks. Have been using the design page since February and have hundreds of designs without any ability to organize. Apparently a few of those designs just showed up some time ago, many pages down, and I had never seen them.

2 Likes

It is a pretty sweet design on 1/8" material.

1 Like

Looks like I’m going to have to go look again and pay more attention at what’s in mine - I hadn’t seen that one either :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tritto! Too many other designs up top now. :smile:

1 Like

Look at @Jules post (#36) just 2 above your question.

Load the design (it will be as you last left it). Then click the 3-dots button and click Reset Design.

Are you sure about that?

Looks like support will have to intervene.

I’m checking it out!

2 Likes

Autosave is great, that definitely saves some time.

NOW, the next thing we really, super, totally need is that if you setup a layer, then set it temporarily to Ignore, please don’t clear out all the values when you turn it back on.

For the project I am doing now (which needs 50 copies made) I have to redo the settings on 6 layers every single time because I have to cut things in two passes, so on the first operation I setup 4 of the layers and cut, then I apply some masking to the material and set the first 4 layers to Ignore, then turn on the last 2 layers. But every time you switch from Ignore to Manual cut you have to redo all the settings.

Just give each layer a little “eyeball” like you see in Photoshop layers that would let us one-click turn off a layer for cutting but keeps all the settings intact, so we can then setup complex multi-step cuts and quickly toggle things on and off.

12 Likes

@TimothyHand, My colleague has resent your Multi-Shape Keychain Blanks design and you should see it in your list of designs!

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

A “Lock Design” toggle would be great. I have several designs that I constantly modify as needed for testing or printing out batches of parts but I always want them in a certain state when I launch them and the Autosave is making this difficult. And/Or, make a way to duplicate a design. So I can have a template and just copy that and make edits from that point without effecting the template.

6 Likes