Available Materials - 1/8" & 1/4" Baltic Birch B/BB and 1/8" MDF

During the holidays, I got frustrated with trying to find good quality Baltic Birch plywood at a reasonable price so I found a plywood supplier and bought a large quantity of Baltic Birch. I have since purchased a panel saw and even more plywood! I printed hundreds of ornaments on the 1/8" and it is premium quality. If you are in need of quality materials, I would love to be your supplier. Send me a message if you are interested. I can cut the pieces to any size you need for your project. I currently have 1/8" and 1/4" Baltic Birch B/BB and 1/8" MDF. I have a limited supply of the MDF right now.

3 Likes

You might want to list prices and shipping policy and location and you’ll get more takers. This is too little to get me interested, I’m probably not alone.

I’m not a fan of advertising on the forum in general, but this is pretty well targeted.

3 Likes

What area are you in? Figuring shipping via flat rate limits you to 12"x14" but regular shipping depends on how far away you are :stuck_out_tongue:

I am in Upstate NY. I am not shipping via flat rate boxes. I have several different size boxes that I use for my other business. I can ship any size that fits in the Glowforge. Let me know if you would like something other than the standard size. Feel free to message me what you are currently using and I will see if I can do better.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate your honesty. I’m going for more of the approach of customization size since I have the capability. Feel free to send me a message with what you are currently using and I will see if I can do better for you.

1 Like

I am currently using BB from Rugby Architectural Building supply, The quality has been really good so far. You won’t be able to beat it on price, especially since I can easily drive to one of their locations.

I am super jealous of your panel saw though.

2 Likes

The Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Board Game Box is roughly 12x24x3". Lots of sellers on Etsy in particular ship “Glowforge size” materials in these boxes. It’ll fit about 20 sheets of 1/8" material or 10 sheets of 1/4" material. It’s a bit tighter inside the box so they’re often cut to 11.75"x19.2", which both fits this box and maximizes the amount of cut sheets you get from a 4x8’ sheet of plywood or MDF.

@ironcovecustoms B/BB grade baltic birch and MDF are materials I can name about 20 suppliers for in pre-cut sizes for the Glowforge. You’ll have a lot of competition.

2 Likes

Rugby looks to be a good deal! Lucky you that you have one so close!

I’ve been cutting with the panel saw for a few days and it is awesome. I went with the Safety Speed C5 and pretty much all of the accessories. Send me a message if you are ever at the point of considering one.

Thanks! Turns out I have one in Phoenix. So on a trip up there I’ll check it out. What was the cost for your BB?

That’s the mysterious part. Sometimes it’s $15 per sheet, sometimes they charge me about $10 (which is just ridiculously cheap). The MDF comes in at a cool $7.50 for a 4x8’ sheet, it’s stupid cheap.

If I didn’t hate MDF so much I’d use a lot of it :wink: It cuts slowly and is super dirty, BB is much better for prototyping just on the speed thing alone. That being said, it paints up really well. YMMV.

My location doesnt offer cutting services (sadly) so I am on the hook to cut it down when I get it home. Keep that in mind: 5x5’ sheets of BB are hard to move around, they are floppy and will try to fly away on you while you drive.

1 Like

Fortunately I have a pickem’ up truck, and a festool track saw with track. Makes sheet goods easy to cut.

3 Likes

My local supply store doesn’t offer this service either. :frowning: That is exactly why I just invested in a table saw. (I am really excited for it to arrive!) This should expand the materials available to me at lower costs.

1 Like

Cutting 5x5 sheets with a table saw is really dicey. Be careful.

1 Like

Yeah, I plan on it being a two to three person job, but I don’t think I have anything quite that large to cut (yet).

A nice slab of 2 or 3" thick foam insulation board is great for this kind of thing. Even just laid on the garage floor. No chance of screwing up a blade or cutting into something you don’t want cut. When it gets all sliced up, it’s pretty cheap to replace too.

1 Like

We also have a Woodworker’s Source here in Phoenix that carries sheets of Baltic Birch ply. I don’t remember the pricing off-hand.

It would be swell if you reported back on what you get from Rugby.