Awooga! Awooga! It's happening! To me!

Congratulations! :grinning::confetti_ball::boom::dizzy::tada:

2 Likes

Sweeeeet! Psyched for you. Enjoy!

1 Like

Yahoo!!! :tada::tada::tada:

I do my own electrical. Fortunately this was one of the easier runs in the house for me. I split the studio into 2) 20A circuits.
You can always do conduit on the ceiling and paint it in the other areas, or do it around the perimeter of the house in Non-metallic.

1 Like

I’m fairly comfortable doing electrical work as well, but I would prefer to pay someone to do it, especially when it involves the breaker box or complex snaking through walls and ceilings. This is all of the above, in addition to the part where it’s impossible without disassembling much of the house. I’m considering turning it into an excuse to increase the scope of the project. If I have to open the ceiling up anyway, I can put in bettter lights.

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better, I’ll call you Chris0.

2 Likes

Well, seeing as how it won’t get me ahead of Chris1 probably won’t help much. But I do appreciate the offer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

With all of the talk of temperatures over the past few weeks, I have been re-evaluating my own plans. I had originally planned to set up the GF Basic in a 3rd car garage workshop with no H/AC. And I have some reorganizing in there to do before the GF comes.

But based on operating temperature restrictions (in the midst of a long month of 90+ degree temperatures), I may need to upgrade to a Pro instead, or get a portable AC unit for the garage.

Moreover, based on the temperature requirements for “storage”, I am fearful that the garage may dip below the stated minimum on some winter time nights (in southern California). So I may need to stick my GF in the house up in the loft instead, and set up a whole work area up there for that…

By the time I get “the email”, I need to have this figured out. While I am still looking forward to get my GF, this is much more involved than I envisioned when I originally placed my order.

1 Like

Congrats

1 Like

Congratulations! Nice to hear of another Pro getting out there.

1 Like

So happy for you. You’ve been a super member of the forum and I’m glad you are getting one now!

hahaha thats an amazing opening line! congrats! please keep us updated with your exploits

ROTFL! Hop to it, Mister :wink:

Congrats, I hope you love your new GF. Really happy to see these emails going out in greater numbers.

2 Likes

I wonder why the low limit is so high, 16C. One would imagine as long as the the coolant doesn’t freeze and there isn’t condensation it would be fine. Do laser tubes not like low temperature as well as high? I would have thought it could soon warm itself up by running with the cooling throttled back.

Awesome!

Congratulations! Wish mine was on it’s way :weary: [Sniffle sniffle]
Enjoy!

Hello and congratulations. When did you pass your command glowforge?

I don’t understand the question.

this sounds like maybe an esl thing. i think it’s perhaps when did you order your glowforge? or maybe get the email.

1 Like

Order equals command in some contexts so a translation app could certainly write this. As to “pass”, a little more of a stretch but a case of mistaken opposites: pass to is opposite of receive. Or pass could mean"happen" as in “it came to pass”.