Baby Announcement

There is a reason why I have been MIA and then am suddenly back but posting baby stuff…I moved halfway across the US in February and then became pregnant in April…and my sister is pregnant (we weirdly enough have the same due date; January 25)…and my best friend is pregnant. So it’s safe to say there will be a lot of baby project posts these coming months. I am also planning to do a few fashion shows in the fall and roll out some fashionable maternity wear that I will of course be using my glowforge to help make.

To start with projects sew far, I made a suede onesie and hat and then engraved it with the glowforge for my little one.

I also discovered baby hats are really easy to make and the perfect use of scrap fabric. So I made a hat for my best friend.

And some other outfits made so far:

This kid will be very fashionable :slight_smile:

47 Likes

Aww, baby stuff! Sew cute!!

Welcome back, and congrats!!

12 Likes

Congratulations!!! And congrats to your sister and friend! So excited for you! And your baby designs are so cute! Looking forward to your upcoming designs! :baby: :baby_chick: :baby_symbol:

12 Likes

You will welcome this baby to the world in style! Congratulations!

10 Likes

Congratulations!

May your child always be stylish.

10 Likes

Congratulations, how exciting. It’s wonderful to share this special time with your sister and friend. It looks like Lyle will be a very dapper baby. We will all eagerly await your creations, human and clothing wise. :baby_bottle:

10 Likes

Ohmygosh, congratulations! That kid is certainly going to make a splash from day one!

11 Likes

Congratulations! So nice!!

11 Likes

Adding my congratulations to the choir. This is exciting news, and I know your baby projects are going to be unique. I bet your kid will have the absolute best Halloween costumes the neighborhood has ever seen.

13 Likes

Shopping for fabric with a baby is not as easy as shopping alone. (At least it wasn’t for me) I encourage you to browse the fabric available from Spoonflower and other made to order places for some great nursery and onesie options. Scuba suede is great, but so is fleece and polar fleece and it comes with Scandinavian dinosaur themes and a million other designs.

11 Likes

Congrats! I love making baby stuff. I recently acquired 2 new granddaughters :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Congratulations to all 3 of you.

9 Likes

Congrats! So adorable and can’t wait to see your baby styling in the adorable GF clothing!

10 Likes

oh my gosh - Congratulations!!! So exciting! I love the outfits, too! <3

11 Likes

Congratulations! :footprints:
The remarkable timing between you 3 makes for a ready-made support group! Also, thank goodness for Grandma!
The necessity of baby support gear has just expanded your line of merchandise.

11 Likes

I loveeee spoonflower and have only tried their performance fabric and denim. I for sure need to order some of their fleece and other materials.

8 Likes

Congrats! Seeing cutesy baby stuff always makes me wish i had a friend with a baby. Lately I’ve been wondering what my cat would do if i dressed him up in baby clothes.

It’s crazy you have the same due date as your sister. Your baby will have someone to play with at family gatherings. I wish you all the best!

13 Likes

Amazing! That stuff is sew cute! Wondering how you are sizing things, but I guess whatever the size they will grow through it. Being the designer you might be able to cover a larger range than is average. Congratulations all around and hoping everything comes out great!

10 Likes

Congratulations!!! Amazing work as always!

11 Likes

So much cuteness!!

Congratulations! It will be extra fun to share this time with your friend and sister!

Two of my sisters were pregnant the same time as me with my first. A different sister was pregnant at the same time as me with my second. :grinning:

10 Likes