Baby Shower Sign

Got asked to make a bee themed baby shower sign. This was my first big project as a glowforge owner. The honeycombs, vinyl and bee I used to cut out each shape.

38 Likes

That really looks great.

7 Likes

Thankyou, for my first project i was really proud of myself :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You should be, it’s an excellent job.

8 Likes

Looks great

7 Likes

Hopefully when you say “vinyl”, you don’t mean real vinyl but a laser safe vinyl alternative instead!
Real vinyl is a big no no on a laser as it forms a corrosive gas that’ll eat your :glowforge:

It’s a beautiful sign :smiley:

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, i definitely did not know that.

4 Likes

Check out the Materials section here:

and if you want to read a horror story with a happy ending:
(the V in PVC stands for vinyl)

8 Likes

As always the letter in PVC to be worried about is the C, not the V.

There are many different vinyl formulae. It’s chlorinated vinyl that is the problem.

Lots of adhesive “vinyl” is pvc, but not all. Reasearching the composition is key.

10 Likes

I like the way you used the gold standoffs to match the honeycomb.

6 Likes

This turned out really nice! Great job!

6 Likes

That is a gorgeous design, congrats on how awesome it is!

6 Likes

What a nice sign! Now you’ll have to change the top when the baby is born with the “Meant To Bee” with the baby’s name, date, and birth info! As @deirdrebeth said though, avoid vinyl. You could just use acrylic and color it. Or, of course, laser-safe vinyl.

5 Likes

As what @evansd2 said is accurate:

4 Likes

I guess they got beezy :rofl:

2 Likes

Search on the forum for why no vinyl. Quite an eye opener.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I linked to the post I did.

Very well done, especially for a first project!

2 Likes

That is absolutely adorable! I’m working on decorations for my daughter’s baby shower. I am not good at estimating realistically…I just look at so many things and say, “oh, I can do that!” Time is creeping up on me! LOL!

Your sign is so unique, I have a feeling you’re going to be getting business requests coming your way from your colleagues, friends, family, clients, etc.!

4 Likes