Baby stuff

I totally forgot that my daughter’s first grade teacher was pregnant! :smiley: She had her baby (a little early) over the weekend. I better get busy and make something! hahaha

2 Likes

Do you put anything between the layers of fabric? To protect the bottom layer? Or is it not strong enough to go through the back? THANKS!

Amazing, I love it!! Thank you for sharing

1 Like

These are amazing! Did you take the crumb tray out for the blankets?

I only use my tray if I am cutting. Otherwise, everything is with my magnetic whiteboard setup :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you have a post about the white magnetic board set up ? I follow you on Instagram and can’t find anything. Thank you

1 Like

Yup! IG is not a great platform to post the more extensive information such as the whole whiteboard stuff. Plus, on the forums there are lots of great fellow glowforgers that give a lot of additional information on posts. Here is the post I did with all information on the whiteboard:

1 Like

Ok so here’s question 2 lol. How do you figure your height ? I mean I’ve done cutting boards with the no math no honeycomb tray but how do I measure the blanket with calipers ? The same way as I would wood ?

Honestly, the best way to validate a setup especially for odd objects is to:

1. Power off the glowforge

2. Setup your material in the GF with your best estimation on height and such (so for the blanket you would setup the whiteboard and the blanket on it)

3. Move the laser arm and print head forward along the path of where you are wanting to place your design. When doing this, monitor the assist fan and make sure the material is close but not hitting it:

4. Then move the arm and print head back to the home position and power on the machine

3 Likes

Did you use auto focus? I wouldn’t even know how to put in a metric for a blanket?

I use auto focus but not set focus because I do not care much on the function of the app view.

Can you print a set of the 3D design Grid lineup jigs for the grid for me? Or direct me to someone who I can order them from? I love the idea for printing the grid for the bottom of the glowforge! I also took your advice and ordered the magnetic whiteboard! Thank you for all your tips.

1 Like

Welcome to the glowforge community! Now you see where I hang out when not on social media :slight_smile:

I can make you a set, send me your address :slight_smile:

Terrific! Thank you!

1 Like

I sent you a private message with my info :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing everything!! I’ve always wanted to do these blankets but didn’t want to mess up. Appreciate your time to share :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No problem! :slight_smile: The amazon blankets I use are by far the best results I have had with any.

2 Likes

Do you always use that particular brand “Mon Lapin?”
The prices vary greatly by color so just curious.

1 Like

for the full on blanket? I have when I do that. But for the security blanket I always use the polyester jellycat.

1 Like

Ok I just found out that one of my daughter’s former oncologists (who moved) is having a baby girl, so now I have someone to make a blanket for! lol (Well, as soon as they choose a name lol.) Yay!!

4 Likes