Back up and Running Again

So my poor Basic bit the dust and support sent me out a refurbished unit. Incredibly quick turnaround time, about 3 or 4 days total. It was pretty seamless. However, I did have to deal with the box inspector:

That took almost 2 hours. The setup and connection were quick and flawless (granted I have been at this for a while). I also got the re-experience the horror of putting my disgusting crumb tray into a pristine Glowforge. Even after hosing the crumb tray down, it seems like such a violation.

38 Likes

Glad to hear that you’re back in it. Good also to hear of your positive experience. I’m looking right down the barrel into having mine quit working, too…5 years, 1 month and counting. Just a matter of time, now.

14 Likes

I just went through this a week ago too - but I really wanted to keep my crumb tray since they haven’t made that style in years now :slight_smile:

You can’t keep the GF clean forever, the dirty-ish crumb tray lets you just get to work and not worry about getting dirty.

16 Likes

I am glad you are back in business and thanks for the picture of your box inspector.

11 Likes

Congratulations at getting back up and running!

9 Likes

I felt the same way about putting my old crumb tray in a “new” refurbished machine. The refurnished glowforge that I got looked new and I couldn’t have been happier.

7 Likes

Getting the inspectors approval is always important. Good to hear it went well.

7 Likes

My interaction with support to replace my >5yr-old machine was nothing short of perfect. The only delays were on my end as I am not capable of moving it by myself, plus the UPS delivery people destroyed the original box (but the machine itself was just fine…)

9 Likes

Just curious, what is the difference. Could you post a pic of your crumb tray for reference please?

5 Likes

I’ve helped people with new machines and never noticed a difference.

I will say, mine seats back in the recesses in the floor of the machine with amazing repeatability.

Regardless, it’s just a way to suspend material. Other than shaking out the bits that fall thru, I’ve never done anything else to “clean” mine.

8 Likes

Glad to see ya up and going again.

7 Likes

My crumb tray is silver instead of black. That is the only difference.

I refer to it as the limited edition crumb tray. I got my original GF in June 2017.

8 Likes

One of the truly weird things about my crumb tray is, even after I scrub it down and hose it out, even when it actually “looks” clean, I pick it up and my hand immediately look like I have been working under a car for hours.

8 Likes

It took your inspector two hours!? He must have been sleeping on the job. Congratulations, and may you have lots of good cuts.

5 Likes

Wow, that was a quick turnaround! Glad GF got your refurbished unit to you so quickly!

2 Likes

Happy for you and your support staff! I would not be able to resist that fuzzy tum.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.