Backpack friendly folding dice tower

@thomas.stephens thank you so much for sharing!! I am going to print it for my son’s birthday this week. What are the magnets for? Are the 4 green circles to be etched or cut? Is that where the magnets go?

Thanks,
Jason

Yup the green circles are for the magnets. I engrave 2 to 3 times to get the depth correct depending on the material.

Super, thanks!

Thomas,

Thank you again for sharing your design! My son is going to love it

7 Likes

That looks fabulous, especially with the “stone” leather :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very nice! I like the ‘dragon hide’ liner!

1 Like

Here’s my print, pre-lining. (The interior is going to be covered in adhesive-backed felt.) I haven’t decided if I’ll stain it or not… could be fun to do some color to go with the phoenix design, but I don’t know how well the maple ply takes stain. I may experiment on some scrap wood and see how it looks.

Thanks for sharing the pattern!

!

8 Likes

Since it’s already stained and sealed, re-staining can be challenging.

1 Like

What would be the best way to modify the file to use 1/4" plywood?

Thank you.

Edit the source file and adjust the tabs/notches to accomodate the thicker material.

@arthsia as @eflyguy says you’d need to adjust all of the notches and tab slots to accommodate the thicker material. That said, 1/4 would be overkill for this project and may prevent larger dice from fitting down the chute.

If you measure what it is (x) and then measure what you are using (y) find y/x and scale the entire design by that much. Change what you want so it will fit on the Glowforge.

I did that with the Snap and Store Box and liked it better as bigger, YMMV

1 Like

How do I get the SVG to my forge

You can either right click on the image and save the file or click on the link about half way down then un-zip it.

Do you have a link to purchase commercial use of this file or mind if we sell physical versions only? Not the file of course.

By using a creative work posted by another forum member, you agree not to share that work or your modifications outside this forum, or to use the work or your modifications for any commercial purposes. You also agree that you will share physical objects made from these works with others only as long as there is no direct or indirect compensation, financial or otherwise, in exchange.

1 Like

I am aware. However, the designer CAN give permission or choose to sell the design for commercial use on the side. Which is why I asked.

I have made this for myself and I adore the hinge design. But I keep being asked by friends and other gamers if I can make them one. Just thought I would ask.

This is a great design. Nicely done!
I printed mine with PG draft board. And I works great.

so going from 3mm baltic birch to 5mm would be 166%? sorry - only on my third cup of coffee and i suck at math anyway. Son’s birthday coming up and I’ve got 5mm laying about…

1 Like

I don’t think that would be very “backpack friendly” at that point.

1 Like