Banding when Engraving a Photograph

Hi there,

When engraving this photo as a test the other day I noticed several darker bands appearing in my proof grade draft board. I had removed the masking prior to engraving and was using the HD setting. Im just wondering has anyone experienced a similar problem and knows how to resolve it?

Thanks

1 Like

1980’s ghost sweatband syndrome.

Otherwise I’ve got nothing.

Cool photo!

I get this occasionally. I have always attributed it to a build up of the sticky resin and dust after long projects. I just clean the carriage rollers and the rail on the gantry it rides on and it goes away for me.

I will give it a shot thanks for the info

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re hitting this snag!

I appreciate you providing an image of the print result. When this behavior occurs, does it only happen when engraving photos, or in all other engraves as well?

Did the advice @ovm.steve provide regarding cleaning the Carriage Rollers and the rail help to resolve the trouble? Let us know how it goes!

It was one of the first HD photos I tried, we just got out machine Wednesday so I’ve been trying everything out and noticed this, haven’t had problems with anything else.

I haven’t tried another since cleaning stuff off, I will try again this evening hopefully and see if it worked.

Thanks

Just in case it is relevant, when it has happened to me, it was on anything that I engraved.

1 Like

Thank you for updating us! I appreciate you taking the time to work through cleaning the unit, and for attempting to replicate the print. Let us know how it goes!

I’ll make sure we keep this thread open for the time being, and send over the next best steps if you run into the same snag.

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, so I’m going to close this post.

If you are still having trouble, please start a new thread or reach out at support@glowforge.com. We’ll be happy to take a look.