A couple months ago, I found a Banksy Frame on Thingiverse (Banksy Frame) that intrigued me. I tried 3D printing it and getting it to work, but for me it was a total failure.
So, I decided to re-engineer the concept so that it was entirely Baltic Birch and cut on my Glowforge. I finally arrived at a version that works well, but does not use the same mechanism as the project on Thingiverse.
I didn’t really want the finger joint look and was afraid that using any stain/paint would corrupt the internal mechanism, so I created a card stock cladding that gets glued to the outer surfaces and results in a nice finish.
I tweaked it by creating an art gallery diorama setting and even added magnets to the back of the frame (I just love magnets) so that I can swap in different subjects if I like.
Attached are some pictures. The green logo version is that of the advertising agency that I work for (Cramer-Krasselt) just to test out an alternative to Banksy’s “Girl with a Balloon” (aka “Love is in the bin”).
Now I need to find some more subjects that look good when shredded.