Baptism Bible

The Leathersoft Bible ended up engraving nicely. I’m happy with the results!

38 Likes

that is super nice!

2 Likes

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That turned out beautifully!

3 Likes

Thank you! :grinning:

1 Like

That is fantastic. It is really beautiful.

BTW- We had 17 people baptized at church this morning. I was blown away and moved to tears!!!

10 Likes

Are you planning on sealing the engrave? It tends to wear off if handled.
Looks awesome.

6 Likes

That turned out great! Congratulations to Samuel! It’s an important step.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic!

3 Likes

I told my wife that we had a “Dunkfest” :laughing:

6 Likes

A perfect engraving. Very well done!

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Amazing!!! Part of the plan of salvation. (Acts 2:38!!)

4 Likes

Wow! That’s crazy! I can only imagine how moving that would be to see that many baptized in the same day!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! No, I didn’t seal it. So I know for future reference, what would you use to seal something like that?

Several leather practitioners in this group, but your question will remain hidden in this thread.
Go to Beyond The Manual category (no proof grade Bibles) and make a thread about sealing leather engraves. Show the Bible and see what they suggest.
I have a sealing spray from Tandy I use on leather earrings, but it darkens the color slightly. I would think there are seals that do not do that but I am not knowledgeable enough to assist you.

1 Like

Sounds good. Thank you!

Well done.what are the specs on the leather? Stained. Looks kinda coppery

Thanks! :blush: It’s Leathersoft, it’s a softer smooth material. The stain-look is just the way my camera picked up on the way the light was shining on it.
These are the settings I used with three passes. The tray needs to be removed and the Bible opened to lay as flat as possible. I added a few pieces of cardboard under the left side of the Bible to level it out as evenly as possible because it was tending to want to pull up and not lie totally flat.

1 Like