Battery Storage Boxes

Okay, finally carved this baby down to a manageable size.

(And since the various Proofgrades that we have to work with are different thicknesses, it took a couple of iterations to pull off the effect I wanted.)

I did away with the fancy insides and went with a straight lift the lid off and drop the batteries in…it uses less wood, and takes less time to load. (It’s also a lot easier to build.)

I think it turned out looking a little bit like a building, so the continuation of the battery boxes will be others of different heights…a slightly shorter one for the AAA bats, and maybe a low one with a pull out drawer for the 9 volts. Maybe make it look like a little cityscape. (Slightly different lid treatments?) We’ll have to see what they want to do.

:smile:

96 Likes

Those look great! I’m constantly turning around looking for batteries at our house, and this kind of thing would TOTALLY help clean-up our random odds-&-ends drawer in the kitchen. I love the idea for creating a cityscape out of these too—such a great idea!

3 Likes

I like the idea of letting them decide what they want to be :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh, they definitely tell me. These didn’t start out to be buildings. :smile:

4 Likes

Are you talking to the battery storage boxes again?!?

10 Likes

Just listening. :blush:

11 Likes

I want!!!

2 Likes

FWIW, I listen to my beads (a lot!) so I’m in no position to judge :wink:

5 Likes

So which way do you guys think the battery looks better, facing right (maple in the center) or facing left (cherry) cause i can’t decide.

1 Like

These look great! Will you be posting the pattern (please)?! I would love to make these!

1 Like

What an awesome idea! I need these for so many things around the house like cans of food, batteries, toilet paper… ok, maybe not the last one but still, might not be a bad idea. :wink:

1 Like

I’m still trying to decide whether to offer them through the catalog. :slightly_smiling_face:
(But if Glowforge isn’t interested, I’ll probably just post them.)

7 Likes

I like both - especially when shown all together, with the image alternating like that.

2 Likes

I like!!!
Great idea on the city scape!

1 Like

Battery schematic symbol, and size, that is what is going on mine when they become available.

4 Likes

I may have to do something like this, though I somewhat expect the cats to fish out batteries for play.

2 Likes

Those are the best looking battery dispensers I’ve ever seen! FTW. :heart_eyes: :squee:

5 Likes

Whoa! Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

Those are fantastic! Such a great idea. Thankd for another inspirational post.

1 Like

I so need one of these… :+1::smiley:

3 Likes