Bay Area Maker Faire 2017: On site report from MakForge

Getting ready to head to the Expo Center and start the setup. Will be posting updates as I can. Wondering if I get to do another unboxing of a Glowforge.

If connectivity works out well, I’d love to do a live stream on my YouTube channel. Otherwise, I have 70 pounds of Proograde and four fun days of nothing but Glowforge.

Booth 2315: Hands on with a Glowforge laser cutter and engraver.

66 Likes

Squeeeee! Have fun! :relaxed:

10 Likes

The family and I are going on Sunday. Let us know where to find your booth!

10 Likes

Good point. 2315 in Main Expo Center Zone 2. Will update topic post.

11 Likes

:heart_eyes: Please share pictures when you can!

Probably a fool’s dream to hope they’ll send/have someone at any of the maker faires near Cleveland :persevere: I guess they’re not until after the current estimated ship date anyways.

7 Likes

Awesome. I really wish i could be there to check it out, but i’m on the wrong coast. :frowning:

However my sister, who i talked into also buying a GF, should be there. I’ll send her your way.

Hopefully you can convince her she made the right choice. She isn’t active on the forums so she hasn’t been seeing all the cool stuff made on the PR units.

6 Likes

couldn’t happen to a nicer guy! have fun :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Looking so forward to updates from you (and others going). Have a great and productive time!!!

3 Likes

No joke. That would actually get me into Cleveland…which I generally try to avoid.

4 Likes

Sounds like a hoot take lots of pictures for us!

3 Likes

Checked in. Unpacking kit. Setting up booth. Met Yves and Kara.

And waiting for a Glowforge. Imagine that. Hah. We love you team Glowforge. :heart_eyes::glowforge:

I got got a corner booth!!! Woohoo.

Brother MICHAEL is my assistant.

32 Likes

Zone 2 in Expo: East is apparently Glowforge alley. It seems to be where most of the Glowforge PRU guinea pigs makers are.

http://makerfaire.com/bay-area-2017/meet-the-makers/search/?s_term=glowforge&faire=BA17

10 Likes

Placed you all in the same place so as to not constantly distract everyone when they are browsing other areas.

3 Likes

What are you doing for the exhaust? Do you have filter unit that you’ll be using?

1 Like

In that large a space? Everyone could be venting open, or under booths, and body odor would still be the biggest smell.

8 Likes

Nothing like the smell of burning wood and BO.

3 Likes

Sounds very pleasant. Chuckle!

4 Likes

Bailey is organizing a convoy of glowforge units from the factory shortly. I’m on my way there right now!

30 Likes

And, uhhh, what exact route would she be taking @dan? :wink:

27 Likes

Sounds like a Smokey and the Bandit routine… I can provide the road block (as long as I get a :glowforge:) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes