Bay Area Maker Faire 2017: On site report from MakForge

Whoa! That turned out fantastic! :smiley:
(Makes me want to play a game too!)

2 Likes

Saw that board in person and it’s fringgin’ awesome! All the PRU folks and GF team were working hard all day demonstrating the GF. It was hot and there were so many people trying to get a look. It was cool to meet everyone and inspiring to see all the different and amazing work.

If ya really want to screw with a PRU, wait until they start flipping a few dozen pencils and then start asking all kinds of questions lol. It’s kinda entertaining :innocent: :upside_down:

28 Likes

Someone is cheating !

:upside_down:

4 Likes

The Scrabble board looks fantastic! Such a lot of good work in there. But a lot of non-words I think! :laughing:

4 Likes

My brother in-law was blown away when he saw the scrabble board at the faire. Bravo sir. I knew that all of you would reassure them at they made the right choice.

13 Likes

I emphatically enthusiastically euphemistically state…“I NEED A GLOWFORGE SHIRT !” in that color…NUFF SAID ?

9 Likes

ROFL! First thing I thought too, when I saw everyone milling around in them. I still think they need to offer them in the store somewhere down the road. (Might be a big money maker.) :grin:

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure they will…gotz faith…'want one with “owner” or “founder” on it.

12 Likes

Definitely not “REGULAR”, especially in this city. To many medical professionals that would assume it refers to bowel movements :hugs::joy:

13 Likes

Excellent point! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Supposed to be able to engrave fabrics when completed. I might test out making my own out of a good cotton, or another natural fabric.

3 Likes

The most important part of Glowforge is missing from this picture. We love you team Glowforge!:glowforge:

40 Likes

I really hope the :glowforge: logo on the booth was cut with a Glowforge.

6 Likes

It doesn’t show up well in the picture unless you expand to full resolution, but the entire table front wainscotting emanates from the :glowforge: logo. Pretty sweet effect.

I don’t know if it was cut on a Glowforge, but I would say the chances are pretty low. Since the design being whole table incorporated makes it likely to have been outsourced.

4 Likes

Looks sharp! :smile:

1 Like

Last give away.

28 Likes

Clothespins are a cool idea! :+1:

3 Likes

Is that an acrylic wine bottle carrier with an attached glass holder I see on the table? kewl !

2 Likes

Oh man, thought I had a full pic of the wine carrier. :unamused: Here’s a partial look at it. Beautiful stuff.

24 Likes

Love the :pig2: bank

7 Likes