Bear with salmon... first stab at grayscale

I am playing with colored resin I will have to post the finished product soon. You will still have to sand to get a uniform surface, but it looks cool. Flooding it with syringes gives you more control over the flow.

1 Like

oh cool! I would love to see the results!!

1 Like

I’ve done a few with project with color resin fills and they tun out looking fantastic. I agree about the syringes, they make it way easier to control. The first few i just dumped it on and ended up spending way too much time sanding. :slight_smile:

Here is one of the first one i tried.

4 Likes

I hadn’t seen that post. They look amazing!

2 Likes

oh!!! I like that! Now the wheels are turning…

1 Like

Lol on the 42 years!!! Someone looked at one of my wood carvings the other day and asked me how long it took. I told them 20 years, so you out did me!!!

Your work is amazing, I like the way you have incorporated native art into your work. I live in Olympia and maybe someday I will be able to see your art in person.

I get carpel tunnel in my wrists just looking at the effort it must take to create that much detail.

AND, my back hurts knowing how far you have to bend over and reach across such a large work area! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your work!!!

1 Like

No way!! I am in gig harbor!! Hello neighbor! I have carpel tunnel… and a good drafting table. Unfortunately my glowforge is now sitting on it :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I hope I absorb some of the talent here. I am in Shelton, and will be following.

1 Like