Because I had to

1/8” Baltic birch

86 Likes

You really had no choice.

10 Likes

Begging to be done…

4 Likes

You’re going to inlay that right? or pour in translucent resin? It’s just begging to be a sun-catcher now!

9 Likes

That’s a lot of smoke marks…

4 Likes

looks very delicate, is it?

1 Like

It doesn’t crumble when you pick it up, but it definitely wouldn’t work as a serving tray. :wink:

8 Likes

I just found the box with my masking in it. Next time!

10 Likes

Ohmygosh, it’s gorgeous! I would also like a (translucent) resin fill. C’mon, you can do it!

5 Likes

Really stunning! :heart_eyes: Does it fit the one on the back of the computer? Or perhaps if you engraved a serving tray so it would be an inlay, then it would work great as a serving tray :wink:

1 Like

Actually, I happened to toss the “Namaste Y’all” cutout on top of it while I was shuffling things around last night, and I think it makes the perfect background for that! I’ll have to grab a photo when I get back up there. (Y’all, my parents’ house is HUGE. It feels like a quarter of a mile from the MBR to the washroom where my GF is. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Gonna count the steps one of these times, just to see!)

9 Likes

Household ammonia full strength will dissolve that smoke stain almost instantly.

Nice work there!

5 Likes

What a delight to pull this beautiful piece from the Glowforge! It’s so beautiful!

4 Likes

So beautifully delicate. Love it.

1 Like

I like scorch marks

1 Like

Depending on your design intent it can be a feature. :sunglasses:

17 Likes

I made a few of these out of leather for a friend, they use them in their china cabinet

I like the one that says “Namaste in Bed”! :slight_smile: (Beautiful work, by the way!)

3 Likes

Gorgeous. I might have no choice but to make something similar one of these days :wink: I haven’t been able to use my GF for a few days because it’s -40 here. :frowning:

1 Like

I hope you are keeping it warm enough to live :cold_face: Even shut down there is a minimum temp to survive.

1 Like