Bed image won't refresh

My bed image won’t refresh at all. It is showing the bed image from yesterday when I turned the machine off. It still appears to be able to print fine, just can’t tell where things are on the bed. I checked all of the connections on the black cable. The black cable in back is somewhat somewhat bent, but doesn’t look like it has ever kinked enough that it would break the internal wires.

I don’t know if it is related, but yesterday, when trying to load a print, sometimes it would bring up the error ‘print stopped’ and fail to send the file to the machine. However, I was able to just hit start again and it sent the file to the machine fine and cut fine.

I am having the same issue today and see a few people in Facebook groups saying the same. It gives me hope that it’s a “them” issue and not a “me” thing.

1 Like

yes indeed, always better to have it something they fix on their end. :slight_smile:

im also having same problem whats going on

Me too :frowning:

I sure hope so. But I have a second Glowforge and the bed image is refreshing on that one. Just not on my Pro.

Wait, it just refreshed! Hopefully it was on their end and everyone else in this thread will soon find theirs is also refreshing soon!

2 Likes

I’m also having the same problem. It started just after midnight last night and has happened more often than not until I gave up after 1.5 hours of fighting with it and still wouldn’t refresh! I even replaced the actual white camera cable with same result as before!

Not resolved for me as yet…

Same thing happening to me.

This might be a good time to suggest that Glowforge should emulate professional software companies and implement a distinct Beta channel to test out new features or other software changes. Glowforge could announce upcoming changes on the forum and users could volunteer to be beta testers. That way, people who are trying to use their laser for business applications won’t be down for a day or more while any problems with the upgrade are being addressed. After all the bugs are squashed, the changes could be rolled out to the entire user base.

They already do that. New features are rolled out to opt-in Early Access users first, and only later to all users. The bed image not updating is a bug or server issue, not a new feature.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem

It’s a bug that just popped up without any changes? Why is it just happening today, and not yesterday or the day before?

An autoscaling group didn’t scale properly in their Google Cloud Platform account? A misconfiguration made months ago led to a server finally filling up its hard drive today? Who knows. There’s been no firmware updates today, or yesterday.

2 Likes

Welcome! Sorry we had to meet in here like this. I started getting errors like head not found and turn off and back on. It has resolved now and the bed is now refreshing. Global glitch. Tech is great…when it works. :slight_smile: That’s why my next auto purchase will be any vehicle not newer then 1979.

Glowforge status says “all systems operational.” Maybe they need to upgrade that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

SO, I’m not the only one having this problem today? I’m going crazy over here.

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue with the image on screen in the Glowforge App not updating. The trouble should now be resolved. Please refresh your browser window and the bed image should update.

If you are still having trouble after receiving this message, please let us know.

On behalf of the whole team here at Glowforge, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,