Bed Size vs Cutting Dims - lots of wasted material

I was the first, so I probably got all the best stuff. I’m trying to remember whether @timjedwards even had a car seat… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

By the time my kid brother came around car seats had been invented, so he missed out on all the fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They actually say that raw flour is more risky now than the eggs. None of that has kept me from eating raw cookie dough. We do have a recipe for egg-free cookie dough, for when we just want the dough and no cookies, but I guess that won’t save you from the flour.

3 Likes

:thinking: I keep my flour in the freezer, does that help?

I think like anything else, freezing bacteria just preserves it… but maybe it can’t replicate.

1 Like

With Ergot fungus you get high.

I never heard of car seats growing up or even seatbelts. I don’t think our 1950 plymouth station wagon my parents bought new in Hawaii ever had them even when it was my first car,

I am always thinking of Samuel and Eleanore’s ill fated Diner and Eleanore’s special dish of roasted fresh caught Salmon they were so proud of.

1 Like

I have a recipe for egg free cookie dough, and it says to microwave the flour for a minute before mixing.

3 Likes

Yeah. Shhh… I don’t.

3 Likes

I always told my kids they couldn’t eat the raw cookie dough for the same reason, but honestly it was just so I could have more for myself. They are mostly grown now and still leave it for me :slight_smile: That is one risk I’m just willing to take. I would let you have it, just sayin’.

3 Likes

Parent patiently microwaves flour to prepare edible cookie dough while child watches, sitting on the floor licking a bar stool footrest.

7 Likes

This thread pretty much sums up our collective ability to stay on topic.

8 Likes

:rofl: although the thread title does include ‘wasted material’ so one could make the argument…

3 Likes

Or chewing on half a cockroach…I never have let her live that one down. (Never found the other half, either!)

4 Likes

Took my puppy to visit an old friend a few weeks ago and she was watching her granddaughter (GD). Let her give my puppy treats and GD quickly decided she liked the treats as much as my puppy :slight_smile: GD’s mom showed up and I had to sheepishly let her know that she had had a nice snack of high quality puppy treats.

Not to be outdone, when I returned home and told my 16 year old the story she decided to try one of the treats and declared they really were quite tasty.

4 Likes

My nurse-cousin’s oldest would NOT stay out of the dog treats, even managed to climb to the high shelf in the pantry to get to them. She gave up and just found a brand with the highest quality ingredients, and let him have them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whatever you do, do not try bil-jac. It’s vile.

Dogs love it to death though.

1 Like

You can use Egg Beaters, which are already pasteurized, and heat treat the flour, and you’re good to go!

3 Likes

Any Bob’s Burgers fan here…?

I’m still thinking about heat treating flour. I’ve never heard of this. Of course, everyone already knows I eat raw eggs so I guess it comes as no surprise that I would have never considered heat treating flour…

… and I have a teenager that willingly eats dog treats :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I grew up eating raw eggs, the best on top of hot katsudon! We do wash them with soapy water before making cookie dough or eating then raw otherwise…

3 Likes