Beekeepers coaster set

I have a friend that is a beekeeper. I made her this set of cork coasters and the holder in the shape of a bee hive.

70 Likes

That’s a cute idea! (And very realistic…I thought it was an actual hive until I read the description.) :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nice designs, well executed. Your original art?

Thanks,
I designed the hive, all the coasters are designs I bought online.

3 Likes

That is a cool hive, and the coasters are just icing on the cake! I guess the bees don’t mind the burned wood smell.

really cool

The bee box holder puts it over the top. Well done!

5 Likes

The beehive holder makes it extra special.

1 Like

Very personal gift for a friend, well done

If I could click on the heart ten times more I would. These are so beautiful!

2 Likes

Lovely work, and while allergic (15 mins, epipen, etc.) Truly appreciate the need for them.

3 Likes

Love the beehive house for the coasters. At first I thought it was a real bee hive.

2 Likes

Why aren’t they hexes? :slight_smile:

Bees have enough to deal with without being hexed :wink:

6 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought of the bee hive to hold the coasters…that is really the finishing touch! My future father-in-law is going to bee making classes or something like that. His wife bought him the supplies at Christmas last year. Would be fun to make something like that for him, but knowing me and my ever growing list of projects (and way too little time)…I might get some coasters done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you share your settings for the cork etching? I seem to burn it too much or maybe it’s larger cork and it just seems too uneven…just haven’t been too impressed with our tries but yours looks professional. I have a Pro, what do you have? Thanks for any info…oh shoot this is the Made on a Glowforge section (not beyond the manual); would you mind messaging me??

1 Like

There’s been quite a bit of discussion of cork over in Beyond the Manual – you’ll find some good settings to try over there, if you look. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the idea of keeping them in a little hive!! So fun!

1 Like

I love your designs! My dad is a beekeeper, and his birthday is this week. Is there anyway I could get a copy of your Bee Hive design? This would only be for personal use.

If so my email address is lmor9114@gmail.com. I would really appreciate it!

It is against forum guidelines to request peoples designs.

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

https://community.glowforge.com/faq#stealing