Beginner messing with 3D Engraving

That would be foolish. :wink:

6 Likes

Oh we’re much worse. We just have a longer fuse. (truth)

9 Likes

Now you’re just scaring me! :anguished:

8 Likes

Chuckle! Just keep it in mind when you get married. (Frying pans are always close to hand.)

I actually knocked my husband to the ground once when we were dating, and it’s the only time either one of us ever hit the other.

He was drunk, it was July 4th, and he was trying to cross a 6 lane highway at night full of speeding drunk people on their way home after the fireworks. I cold cocked him right at the edge of the highway.

When he got up, I really let him have it. I think he hated the lecture worse.

(Adrenaline is a funny thing - he’s over half a foot taller and had a 60 pound advantage, and he went down like a stone.)

18 Likes

I’ll bet this is when he decided you were a keeper. :smile:

14 Likes

Ummm I think I might be old enough to be your dad, or at least your older brother. But yes, my amazing wife of 36 years has never hesitated to put me in my place when I’ve stepped out of line. One of the reasons she’s a keeper! Everyone needs some feedback now and then.

12 Likes

Must have been… no one ever cared enough to try to knock him out before. :smile:

36 years? Wow that’s awesome! (Don’t know why I thought you were single…must be getting senile.)

4 Likes

This morning she “corrected” me. I retired a decade before she was ready to do so. I was giving her suggestion on how she could fill her time in retirement. They were not welcome.

12 Likes

Ouch! :smile:

1 Like

I must have been a total doofus for saying, “well, you could just read a lot of books!”

3 Likes

HEH hEH - was me sneaking in to see the GF…:spy:

4 Likes

I put ‘badass karate girl’ into my search box looking for the little shouting girl who shares my name, but instead I discovered Chloe Bruce (Daisy Riddly’s stunt double in Star Wars).

Wow.

7 Likes

What thickness do you think is best for engraving? 1/4 inch? Did the box 'o goodies include any 1/4 inch wood?

1 Like

I think 1/4 inch would be a minimum. We’re not going to get results like @dan 's demo without a full 1/2 inch.

(And my samples to work with are all 1/8th inch).

5 Likes

And probably a longer memory, which serves us well. Everyone here has said everything else, and thank yous are not in short supply, but thank you, Jules. You’re doing a great job!

9 Likes

Chuckle! I have fun with it, but you’re very welcome! The Pre-Release machines really belong to us all.

(Oh wait, i guess they actually belong to Glowforge don’t they?) :thinking:

6 Likes

Haven’t scrolled through the whole thread yet, but felt it was important to stop right here and point something out: Remember when you said that you felt a little guilty for getting a machine before anyone else? Your comments above illustrate why that was such a good choice. You are already earning your keep!

9 Likes

Yep…blushing again…:blush:

7 Likes

LOVE. This. I have a special place in my heart for this type of design! Thanks for sharing and taking the time to give some BTS!

This is good to know!!

5 Likes

Great feedback on 3D engraving and alignment accuracy in this thread. Perhaps @dan can comment on what we can expect for both in the production release

1 Like