Best Inlay Process

I meant you could cut your own double-sided tape to make your own veneer with an adhesive backing so no gluing would be required.

I wish I had the space for a band saw and the time to cut down hardwood boards. Jealous now.

4 Likes

Wait no more:

6 Likes

I’ve removed nodes before, but never added. It makes a lot of sense.

I remove a lot from other people’s work.

3 Likes

Yeah I was like “duh.” I’d always been frustrated by this phenomenon, and actually gave up on a design or two in the past because of that issue.

You can actually also improve it by breaking nodes, but then you have the problem of the abrupt transitions not working well with stroke-to-path.

2 Likes

And other people’s work is usually a trace of a bitmap. Technically I made it, but it wasn’t my bitmap and I didn’t write the Inkscape code, so… other people.

I was woodworking before I was engraving so I have a shop in my garage but luckily I was also a photo editor for many years so know photoshop and was able to pick up illustrator fairly quickly for the most part.

1 Like

Mirroring worked much better! Thanks again!

7 Likes

That looks really sharp!

Is that cut thru or engraved?

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s engraved. I was too chicken to try to cut all the way through.

1 Like

Engraving is the more difficult way, and means the back side of the material is left intact, so you’ve pretty much mastered it. Well done!

3 Likes