Best X-Men movie yet

I won’t include any spoilers, but I don’t mind saying, Logan is the best thing to come out of the Xman universe in a long time. My boys and I really enjoyed it.

25 Likes

Is it out? What the hell have I been doing all weekend not seeing it!

Also excited for the new alien movie

4 Likes

Logan is on the top of my list.

6 Likes

I just saw it today, too. I won’t say anything besides it is definitely worth the trip to the theater.

5 Likes

Yea, that’s on our to do list too.

2 Likes

Yea, I wanted to say more but couldn’t think of anything that wasn’t a spoiler, and didn’t want to even blur any details this early after release.

4 Likes

Question for the parents out there, can a week old baby go to an R rated movie? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Probably, they will most likely sleep right through it. Both of my boys first movies were Star Wars Episode One and Two respectively. Both were only a few weeks old. Extremely loud, but they slept like babies :smile: decided not to have another child for the third movie.

9 Likes

And re-reading your post, most theaters have no restrictions as long as they are with their parents. Some restrict young children in later showings (I think Alamo Draft House does…)

1 Like

I can’t wait to see it. Unfortunately it takes 2 to 3 months for a new release to make it to Malta. It’s an absolute bugger avoiding spoilers for that length of time!

3 Likes

Pretty sure him indoors will be taking Mungo ( our 14 year old son) to see this at the weekend.

For interested parents: I would describe the rating of this move as a “hard R”.

3 Likes

I still keep reading “Xmas” in the thread header :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It was really good – Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman were amazing – and Dafne Keen – Wow!

2 Likes

Ive been looking forward to this for a long time! Cant wait!

2 Likes

2-3 months? Can’t you swim or row to Sicily ? Hell a good pair of binoculars aimed at a drive in theatre maybe?

6 Likes

To expand on this: https://www.commonsensemedia.org is a wonderful resource for parents to get a good understanding of what to expect in a movie and determine if you want to expose your children to it. The age ratings on average seem a bit on the low side to us, but that is a very personal decision. The information provided in the detailed breakdowns is invaluable however.

Just thought I would share the site if any parents were unaware of it.

5 Likes

I must say that I was shocked at how many little kids were in the theatre when I saw Deadpool. Like 7 and 8 year olds. And they were staring, unblinking, at the screen. Think us Millennials are bad? Post-Millennials are gonna be insano.

8 Likes

First R rated movie my Son saw was Terminator. He was still sucking his thumb :grimacing: but he didn’t chew it off. :+1:
He’s 30 now and turned out better adjusted than Dad.

4 Likes

Logan was awesome! Even @martinell.jan liked it!

Definitely up there with X-Men: First Class as one of the best X-Men movies. Definitely the best Wolverine movie with only one other real contender.

Definitely worth the price of admission. Check it out.

3 Likes