Beta day - two (Corrugated Cardboard)

Why do you hate red?

3 Likes

Where do you even get a red power cord?

1 Like

Easy Bake Oven? Similar technologies.

3 Likes

Red power cords are goodā€¦high visabilityā€¦and everyone knows not to cut the red wire so its a safety precautionā€¦lol. :grin::wink:

10 Likes

Hey, red is a good contrast. Sometimes in the rats nest of cables behind or under desks it is hard to tell the difference. Gives me an idea to mark them different colors. Sometimes I have six different hand power tools plugged in to one strip when I am working on something. It gets confusing.

2 Likes

When you get your glowforge you can cut little identifier tabs and put them on zip ties on each cord.

4 Likes

Remember - Iā€™ll answer your questions, but I made Josh promise he wouldnā€™t. :wink:

I canā€™t remember the settings for cardboard, but eyeballing, thatā€™s a few minutes work.

(By the way, full disclosure: weā€™re asking a lot of Josh, as the first ā€œforum reporterā€ beta tester, so weā€™re paying him. He volunteered to do it for free but that didnā€™t feel right given the amount weā€™d be demanding of him. We probably wonā€™t pay future beta testers.)

7 Likes

This is a good thing to ask us for; weā€™ve asked @jkopel to spend his time using the machine for his purposes and to leave forum requests to us.

Weā€™ll get a realtime video of something posted for you soon. (@jkopelā€™s of course welcome to do it, but heā€™s a nice guy and will likely feel obligated to take requests unless I remind you all that he helps us all the most by doing what he wants, and not what you want :slight_smile: )

7 Likes

By the wayā€¦ we posted a bunch of video from a past open house here:

thereā€™s definitely realtime cutting going on.

5 Likes

Where do you post these normally?

BTW: Video from Oct 20th.

1 Like

Right on, thanks! I watched a little and it looks exactly like the kind of video I was asking for. :slight_smile: Thanks again!

Darn, I guess when I subscribed to that channel I neglected to go watch all the posted videos. Strange, thatā€™s not like me.

Our youtube channel. But itā€™s really time consuming to do good (or even marginal) video and audio, so we donā€™t do it often.

1 Like

My husband would love to build a forge also. He is a welder fabricator but learned the blacksmith trade from a great guy before we moved to Hawaii!