Beta Project: :glowforge: To The Moon (and back)

I’m working on a project, and ultimately would like to create a light with this engraved in lit acrylic as a component, so I made this test engrave on :proofgrade: maple hardwood to get some first results.

Just finished, with masking…

Unmasked.

:slight_smile:

What do you think? I’m impressed.

:thumbsup: :glowforge: :proofgrade: :heavy_check_mark: :boom:

-R

106 Likes

I absolutely Love this! Simply amazing!:relaxed::thumbsup::glowforge:

5 Likes

Wow, just wow. :smile:

5 Likes

Wow! That its gorgeous :smiley:

2 Likes

Thats pretty cool…looks 3D

3 Likes

Excellent! I’ve been thinking about making an acrylic moon when I get my GF…

2 Likes

Terrific! It’s a really cool piece.

3 Likes

i think this is nice; if wood were your final medium i’d think you need to tweak it a bit but i bet it’s going to look pretty amazeballs in acrylic.

3 Likes

So cool! The detail. . . amazing.

1 Like

This is fantastic! Now you need to find a use for your wooden test piece. It would make a nice lid for a round living hinge box, don’t you think?

3 Likes

This is fantastic! I’m making one of these for sure!

1 Like

Oh wow!! That looks amazing!! I know what I’ll be making my sister…she loves anything related to the moon lol

2 Likes

that looks amazing!!! I can’t wait to get my GF, still waiting on the email. You will have to update as soon as you do this in acrylic!

1 Like

wow… amazing work. thanks for sharing

1 Like

Very nice job!

1 Like

I’ll add my voice to the ‘Very nice work!’ (Although at first I thought it was a photocopy made by someone sitting on the photocopier, like they did way back when. Hey! Maybe …)

3 Likes

I love it !..The horizontal lines , to me, look like they belong there , I know they’re woodgrain…yet somehow they belong.

1 Like

Very nice! This should be your custom escutcheon!

1 Like

I think the burn marks add to the detail

1 Like

Even the one without masking looked really good!

1 Like